Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Music Challenge catch-up

So sorry for my lateness! I was at a church campout and didn't have my precious wi-fi *sniff*. I did have a lot of fun though :D Stayed up late goofing off with friends, played kickball, ate junk food, rode bikes, and had a church talent show. And yes, I did participate. Two of my friends and I did a comedy skit with a veggie tale song in it. Not to brag, but we were awesome

Plus, since my character was a book nerd, I got to where some cool glasses.



How many days did I miss? Let's check...




I missed FOUR?!?

Okay, here we go:


Day 3 - A song that makes me happy.



I really really LOVE this song! The movie it's in is one of my favorites as well. (Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, which is based on the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books by Kathryn Lasky.)

Day 4 - A song that makes me sad.


 

Day 5 - A song that reminds me of someone.

 


Day 6 - A song that reminds me of somewhere.

Ummmm......Hmmmm.............

Somewhere...........

I got it!




Honestly, this song doesn't remind me of anywhere. It just fits.



And today's challenge...

Day 7 - A song that reminds me of a certain event.



I know, I know. Cheesy. But this song reminds me of when I moved away from my hometown after living there for eleven years. I remember driving away, my family and all our travel things packed in our gray Suburban, heading toward a place I didn't want to be. My eleven-year-old self couldn't take it. I was mad at everything and everyone, but mostly I was terrified and sorrowful. As we drove away that day, I had pulled out my iPod and closed off the world by digging my headphones as deep as they would go into my ears. With how loud I turned the volume, I'm surprised I didn't break my eardrums. This song pounded in my head as tears flooded my face and I replayed it over and over until I couldn't cry or feel any sort of emotions but tiredness. This song, however cheesy it may be, reminds me of a time where I lost everything I thought was dearest to me. Eventually I came to realize that my life wasn't over, I still had my family, and I would see my friends again someday...and no, this song doesn't bring any boy to mind, just friends that I grew up with and with whom I have shared earliest memories. 


Music is so beautiful in that way, isn't it? We correspond events in our life to music that evokes the feelings we felt at the time. Even silly High School Musical songs ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing what you think :) I always try to reply to your comments, so make sure to come back again and check!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...