Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013



National Novel Writing Month, most commonly known as NaNoWriMo, is a 30 day challenge for the month of November. The challenge is to, basically, write a whole novel in just one month. You make a word count goal (or just go with 50,000, which is what they suggest) and you try to reach it before December 1st!

You may be asking:

Why would anyone wish such madness on themselves?

Because, we writers are mad. We're all mad here.



Nevertheless, this is my first time participating...and what a challenge it has been! Sadly, I have not reached my goal each day and it was getting very discouraging. I still feel like kicking myself when I look at the pitiful amount of words I've written.

But you know what? It doesn't matter, Hatter. (Sorry, couldn't help it...)

Even if I don't "win" NaNo this year, I will be further with my novel than I would have been if I hadn't participated, and I'll know more tips and tricks for next time. Yes, rest assured, I will be doing NaNo every year from now on! Unless, of course, something so terrible like a death or a massive hurricane prevented me. Even so, I would still write, because that's what we do here: WRITE.


~

And.

If any of you, my little blogglings, are doing NaNo this month - let me know! We can be buddies :D

Well, that is if you want me for a buddy. I won't mind if you don't...



Much.




My NaNo Account 


3 comments:

  1. I'm doing NaNo too! What's your novel about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a mix between Alice in Wonderland and the Wizard of Oz (to put it simply without going into too much detail). What about you? What's your NaNa name?

      Delete
    2. *NaNo, but I'm sure you know what I meant...

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing what you think :) I always try to reply to your comments, so make sure to come back again and check!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...