Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Review: What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang





Addie and Eva are hybrids.

They are two souls in one body.

All people start out like this, but eventually one soul is dominant and the other flutters away permanently. Those who do not 'settle' are considered hybrids and are hunted down. That's why Eva and Addie must keep their secret...well, secret. Addie is pretty much the dominant soul - she controls all their body's actions. Eva is on the edge of dissapearing - all she can do is watch and think. She has no control over their body. Addie and Eva can talk in their mind and they fight just like all close sisters do.

They also love each other like all close sisters do.

But is that enough? When their worst fear comes true and threatens to force one of them into nonexistence, will Addie and Eva have the strength and courage to save themselves...and perhaps others like them; other hybrids?



I won this book off of a drawing I entered at the notebooksisters blog. I was super excited, but at the same time a little skeptical. A book about two people -two souls- in one body? Creepy, right? Wrong. Well, it was a little strange (and maybe a tad creepy in some parts) but overall I greatly enjoyed it. The plot is fresh and original and kept me hanging on the edge of my seat. There were times when the story was going a little too slow for my taste, but somehow each word kept me interested. The ending left me yearning for more and I can't wait for the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing what you think :) I always try to reply to your comments, so make sure to come back again and check!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...