Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why Write?

A question I recently asked myself, "Lily, why do you write; what drives you to write?"

The answer is simple: "Because I have to."

Writing is something I love. Something I really can't live without. Ideas for stories pop inside my head almost non-stop. Different ideas can turn into one big idea, while other times I have to just write my ideas down in a notebook and get back to them later. When I write, I feel in control. I'm in control of the story. I'm in control of my characters actions. What happens depends on me.

Now, that doesn't mean that writing is a piece of cake for me either. I have my fair share of troubles as a writer, just like anybody else. For me, I have trouble with outlines. I could write a ten page story all in one sitting without an outline. And sure, it might be worthy for others to read, but without an outline my ideas and plans get jumbled and I'm not sure where my story is going next. It's all on a whim, and I don't like that.

So, I am teaching myself to outline. I know it will be difficult, but in the end will be worth it. Outlines, here I come!


1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks so much for sharing what you think :) I always try to reply to your comments, so make sure to come back again and check!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...