Today I am seventeen. Big whoop, right? Seventeen is the ordinary middleman in between Sweet Sixteen and Legal Adult Eighteen, so whats so special about it? Some would probably say nothing. Some might even groan at the thought of just ANOTHER year before they're finally 18 and can do what they want.
"Eighteen" isn't about that for me (right now, at least). Sure, I'll be a legal adult - but I'm still going to be living under my parents roof, in my senior year of high school, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sustain myself on my own by then.
I think this is going to be the best year ever.
I feel like Sixteen was a major year for me. I changed A LOT from the girl I was at fifteen. I'm more confident in who I am and my personality. Sixteen was such an important year for me.
Seventeen, I predict, will be even better. I'm still growing up; changing; learning - but I have a feeling this year will be a little different. Maybe I have this impression from all the people saying "Seventeen was their favorite age ever". Maybe I'm just optimistic. Maybe I'm psychic. Yes, we'll go with that. I'm definitely psychic.
So, I guess we'll see. Goodbye Sixteen, and HELLO SEVENTEEN!
Seventeen Slightly Secret Facts About Me
1) I keep a small stash of food/candy hidden in my room. (Shhhh....)
2) I've never read The Lord of the Rings trilogy
3) I do most of my schoolwork on my bed, even though there is a perfectly good desk in my room.
4) If I had a perfect replica of Anna's coronation dress (from Frozen), I'd wear it EVERYWHERE.
5) I CAN NOT DANCE TO SAVE MY LIFE.
6) Lavender, Vanilla, and Lemon are some of my favorite scents.
7) I love to wear jewelry, but have a hard time knowing what to wear.
8) There is more than one teddy bear on my bed and more than five pillows.
9) Fancy desserts are delicious, but I can never have enough plain cheesecake and vanilla bean ice cream.
10) I'm considering going to beauty school after I graduate.
11) New Girl is my new friend.
12) My mom met my dad at seventeen.
|Let the AWWW's ensue|
13) I wish I was more musically talented.
14) I love wearing eye shadow.
15) I tried to steal an Archie comic from Walmart when I was about six.
16) A dream of mine is to be a Disney princess at Disney World, even though I've never been there.
17) I'm seeing Taylor in concert this summer! (Just found that out today, after I started working on this blog post. HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!)
(P.S. Thank you to all who read my blog - it makes me so happy! <3 I've had a wonderful birthday and the day isn't even finished yet!)